RAF Wilmslow was a Royal Air Force station that existed from 1938 to 1962 in Wilmslow, Cheshire. It was known as No. 4 School of Recruit Training.
R.A.F Station Wilmslow was chiefly the home of No.4 Recruit Training Centre that originated in 1939 and was still acting as such until 1950 . A certain percentage of the recruits were WAAF’s, which were trained here until transferring to Hawkinge in 1949.
It was also a depot for dispatching units and personnel to Africa during 1941/42. A lodger was No. 75 M.U, present from December 1940 to August 1945, chiefly engaged in the recovery/salvage of crashed aircraft from the West Pennines area.
From May to July 1946 it was the H.Q of No.63 Group, Reserve Command