Unit History: RAF Swanton
This was a Royal Air Force Station in Norfolk, England, located near to the village of Swanton Morley. The site is now occupied by the British Army, and is now known as the Robertson Barracks.
After World War II the station was home to the Central Servicing Development Establishment (CSDE) and laterly the Maintenance Analysis and Computing Establishment (MACE).
From June 1953 to 1995 the station was also used by 611 Volunteer Gliding School, when the station was listed for closure under Options For Change. The station held popular airshows during the 1980s.
The station closed in 1995. It is currently home to the Light Dragoons.
Search for a name in our archive