Unit History: RAF Forres

RAF Forres
A mile to the west of Forres alongside the
A96, is the deserted airfield of RAF Forres
(Balnageith). A satellite of RAF Kinloss it was
used by the Whitleys of 19 OTU from 1941 to
1944. It still looks like an airfield with a couple
of old buildings remaining in the south westcorner.
In 1997 a cairn commemorating those who
served at this airfield was funded by local
people and erected at the side of the Little
Chef restaurant.

Search for a name in this unit

Please enter a surname
3
Small Medium Large Landscape Portrait