Unit History: RAF Church Lawford
Location: 3 miles SW of Rugby
Runways: 3 concrete, tarmac
Hangars: 1x - 2 bay ARS, 6x - Bellman, 10x - Blister
1941 to 1945, No. 2 Central Flying School from Cranwell with Avro Tutors and Airspeed Oxfords, also used Sibson and Southam, later Warwick and Snitterfield.
1942, Renamed No. 1 Flying Instructors School and as No. 18 (Pilot) Advanced Flying Unit, moved to Snitterfield in 1945 and disbanded in same year.
1942 to 1945, No. 1533 Blind Approach Training Flight formed here.
1945 to 1948, No. 20 Service Flying Training School formed here with Harvards using Bitteswell and Snitterfield as an RLG, 07/47, renamed No. 2 Flying Training School, moved to South Cerney.
1950 - ? RAF Church Lawford was also home to 388 Mobile Signals Unit the unit was detached from RAF Bomber Command at RAF Gaydon.
Added on 26/11/2009
RAF Church Lawford was also home to 388 Mobile Signals Unit in the 1950s it was detached from RAF Bomber Command at RAF Gaydon