On a mobile device? Try our mobile site
Unit History: Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps
The UK's Women's Army Auxiliary Corps (1917–1918) was later named Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps (1918–1920). Over 57,000 women served between January 1917 and November 1918. On 31 March 1917 women in the WAAC were first sent to the battlefields in France, just 14 cooks and waitresses. Helen Gwynne-Vaughan was the Senior Officer overseas, and Florence Leach was the controller of the cooks. The corps was disbanded in September 1921.
8912 people in our WW1 records
Filter by Surname:
Active From: 1917 - 1921