Unit History: RAF Woolfox Lodge

RAF Woolfox Lodge
Woolfox Lodge airfield was a satellite station to RAF Cottesmore. It was first used by Hampden bombers during 1940 and later by Stirlings in 1943. It was briefly used to house a Bloodhound missile site in the early 1960s and was abandoned by the RAF in 1966. The airfield returned to agricultural use as shown here looking along one of the perimeter roads
3
Small Medium Large Landscape Portrait