The original Movement Control Unit formed under HQ 1 Lof C in March 1944.
The advanced party of the unit landed at Omaha Beach at approx 1400 hours on 19 June 1944.
The unit was entirely supplied by the U.S. Army.
The Under Sea Fuel Pipe Lines were installed in the port of Cherbourg.
In Cherbourg the unit was responsible for the installation of the Fuel lines for the British sector. In September 1944 the unit was
moved to the MC Report Center in Brussels and was disbanded.