Unit History: Boys Technical School
The Army Apprentices College in Beachley offered military training, education and common core skills, leadership and adventurous training,
character development, trade and was situated on Beachley Point between the Rivers Severn and Wye.
The Boys Technical School moved to Beachley in 1924 to train army boy apprentices for technical posts in the army as tradesmen for several Corps of the British Army, these included:
Royal Army Ordnance Corps
Royal Army Service Corps
Royal Tank Corps
Royal Armoured Corps (after formation in 1942)
The boys were also destined for the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers and the successors to the RASC/RAOC, which are the Royal Corps of Transport and Royal Logistic Corps.
Search for a name in our archive