RAF Bishopbriggs was a World War II barrage balloon depot, and the site of a large accommodation camp, located to the north of Glasgow.
Established as early as 1939, the depot is reported as being visible on Luftwaffe aerial photographs taken at the time.
RAF Bishopbriggs was also used as a transit camp, with a number of personal accounts referring to overnight stays at the camp when being posted between the south of England and the north of Scotland.
Later use of the site has led to most of the remains being removed, however evidence of the depot still remains visible on the ground, and on mapping of the area. Three mooring areas are still visible in aerial views, and OS maps, while various features can still be found on the ground, such as the tracks for the hangar doors.