R.A.F. Bempton started life in February 1940 as R.A.F. Flamborough Head, but later that year was re-named Bempton. It was a GCI station for the remainder of the war years, disbanding on 1st August 1945.
It then had a brief spell as an Air Ministry Experimental Station Type 31 until 1st November 1945 when the station was shut down. It was then allocated to the Northern Signals Area (90 Group) and placed on a care and maintenance basis.
On 1st June 1949, the station was declared operational again as a CHL/CHEL station. On 17th February 1950 it was transferred to Fighter Command, with whom on 1st November 1951, it was re-named as 146 Signals Unit Bempton.
146 Signals Unit disbanded on 1st December 1961, and the station was re-named R.A.F. Bempton. It soldiered on as such until 1st April 1964 when it was disbanded.Bempton was then reduced to a domestic satellite station of R.A.F. Patrington.
It remained as such until April 1972, when there was no further requirement for the quarters. It was then reduced to redundant station status. Bempton was finally disposed of, some time in 1980/81.