Unit History: RAF Balado Bridge
Opened as a satellite to Grangemouth, No. 58 OTU training fighter pilots with Spitfires.In 1943, Renamed 2 Tactical Excercise Unit. Airfield taken over by the War Department in 1944,and was used post-war for scrapping ex-Fleet Air Arm aircraft up to 1952.Also the air field was used from 1946 for light aircraft and gliding until final closure in 1957.
Search for a name in our archive