Location: 11 miles W of Launceston
1942 - Used by B-24 Liberators of the 44th and
93rd Bomb Groups on mission to bomb St
Nazaire U-Boat pens . Also used by several
other VIIIth US Army Air Force units.
1943- 44th and 93rd Bomb Group Liberators returned
for a mission to bomb Bordeaux.
Used by several RAF Squadrons for
anti-submarine and air sea rescue duties.
304 (Polish) and 547 Sqn Wellingtons on
anti-submarine patrols. 269, 280 and 524
Squadrons also operated from here.
1944- 144 and 404 Sqn Beaufighters of the Wick
Strike Wing moved here.
1945- Used for training by RAF Regiment until they
moved to North Witham.
Airfield was on care and maintenance until
final RAF closure 12/45. Added on 25/11/2009