Unit History: RAF Hullavington
RAF Hullavington was a Royal Air Force station in Hullavington, near Chippenham, Wiltshire. RAF Hullavington has switched regiments at the Opened on 9 July 1937 as a Flying Training School.
The RAF Hullavington Badge show a red dragon holding aloft a beacon. The motto is in English, ’Service to Many’.
Today the site is used as the home of 9 Supply Regiment Royal Logistic Corps and it was renamed in 2003 Buckley Barracks after the VC winner John Buckley.
The airfield is used on weekends and bank holidays by 621 and 625 Volunteer Gliding Squadrons flying winch launched gliders for the Air Training Corps
Search for a name in our archive