The Derbyshire Yeomanry was formed in 1794 under the name the Derbyshire Corps of Fencible Cavalry. Their name changed several times before 1908 when they were given the title the Derbyshire Yeomanry.
The regiment served in several notable campaigns. In 1900, they were deployed for service in the Second Boer War. In 1915, they went to Gallipoli and saw action at the Battle of Scimitar Hill. In the Second World War, they served in North Africa.
In 1957, the regiment was amalgamated into The Leicestershire and Derbyshire (Prince Albert’s Own) Yeomanry. In March 1992, it was amalgamated again to form B (Leicestershire & Derbyshire (Prince Albert’s Own) Yeomanry) Squadron.