R.A.F. Borgentreich was the base for 537 Signals Unit, a ’mobile’ GCI station. It later became 210 Signals Unit with a fixed ’Rotor’ site at Auenhausen; it then had both a GCI and a C & R surveillance role. There were less than 200 personnel and only a dozen or so Officers. Station Commanders were Squadron Leader ’Paddy’ Ryan and Wing Commander ’Killer’ Kilmartin. Added on 02/08/2010
In 1958 Luftwaffe and US Air Force Personnel began to arrive,and in 1960 the Luftwaffe took over the running of the Station and the number of RAF personal were greatly reduced.