County: Tyrone, Northern Ireland
Location: 10 miles SE of Cookstown
Originally planned as an RAF bomber OTU, and construction was started in 1940 but not completed until 1942.
1942 , Airfield used as an emergency landing ground.
1943, Cluntoe airfield was transferred to USAAF and No. 4 Combat Crew Replacement Center opened training B-17 crews.
1944, B-24 crew training began, and Redesignated No. 2 CCRC and closed in 1944.
1945 Transferred to RAF control and airfield was closed.
1953 Airfield refurbished and reopened with No. 2 Flying Training School , this moved to Hullavington in 1954 and the airfield finally cosed in 1955.