Nocton Hall was acquired by the Air Ministry in 1940 and turned into an RAF Hospital. The Hall itself was used as a "clearing station" until 1943.
In 1943 the Americans took possession of the Hall and grounds for a second time. Nocton became home for the United States Army Seventh General Hospital and the Hall was used as the Officers’ Club.
At the end of the War in 1945 the RAF selected Nocton Hall to be their permanent hospital for the county of Lincolnshire. RAF Nocton Hall was a 740 bed hospital under RAF control until 1984, used by civilians and forces personnel, one of the country’s undisputed RAF Hospitals. The decision to close Nocton Hall as a military hospital was taken on 31st March 1983.
Memories of RAF Hospital Nocton Hall
(Memories written by members of Forces Reunited)
RAF Hospital Nocton Hall, in 1966
Written by Susan Law
A fantastic summer and dancing every night in the Naafi