RAF Burtonwood was a Royal Air Force base in England, 2 miles (3.2 km) NW of Warrington in Cheshire. During World War II and the Cold War it was used by the United States Air Force and United States Army. It was also known as USAAF station 590.
Burtonwood airfield was opened on 4 January 1940 as a servicing and storage centre for the modification of British aircraft. It was operated by the RAF No. 37 Maintenance Unit until June 1942.