Location: 15 miles N of Lincoln
1916-1919 : B Flight, 33 Sqn Royal Flying Corps, a Home Defence Sqn with Bristol Fighters and Avro 504s. Site then returned to agriculture.
1940-1943 : Opened as a Fighter Station covering the NE of England, many Defiant and Spitfire Sqns rested here for a short time during the Battle of Britain
1940-1941 : 71 Sqn with Hurricanes, this was one of three all-American pilot Eagle Sqns (71, 121 and 133).
1942 : All three Sqns were transferred to the USAAF as the 4th Fighter Group at Debden and renumbered as 334, 335 and 336 Fighter Sqns. 94th Fighter Squadron, 1st Fighter Group, 8th USAAF with P-38 Lightnings. 91st FS, 81st FG, USAAF with P-39 Airacobras.
1943-1945 : Station transferred for use as a Fighter Operational Training Unit with Spitfires of 53 OTU from Llandow, Caistor and Hibaldstow used as satellite airfields.
1946-1948 : No.7 Service Flying Training School with Oxfords from Sutton Bridge, moved to Cottesmore.
1948-1952 : Used by non-flying RAF Training Schools.
1952-1957 : No.2 ITS (later renamed No.1 ITS) with Tiger Moths.
1957-1960 : Airfield closed and on Care and Maintenance.
1960-1965 : Reopened with 7 School of Technical Training and a Gliding School.
1966-2004 : Transferred to the Royal Artillery and renamed Rapier Barracks.
2005-present : No.1 Air Control Centre (1ACC), the RAF’s only deployable ground-based early warning and air control radar unit, parented by RAF Scampton.