Army Apprentices College, Chepstow, was set up as a Central Training School for boys on September 25th 1923. It was originally based at Aldershot but moved to Beachley on 28th February 1924, and renamed itself Boy’s Technical School.
The school went through several name changes; 1929 name changed to Army Technical School (Boys); 1st February 1947 name changed to Army Apprentices School.
In June 1994 the school closed. However, Beachley Old Boys’ Association (BOBA) is still in existence, and holds reunions.