County: Tyrone, Northern Ireland
Location: 10 miles SE of Cookstown
Originally planned as an RAF bomber OTU, construction started 12/1940 but not completed until 07/1942.
1942 - 1942: Airfield used as an emergency landing ground.
1943: Cluntoe airfield transferred to USAAF and No. 4 Combat Crew Replacement Center
opened 1943 :training B-17 crews.
1944 : B-24 crew training began.
1944 : Redesignated No. 2 CCRC and closed 11/44.
1944 : Transferred to RAF control and airfield closed 06/45.
Airfield refurbished and reopened with No. 2 Flying Training School 02/53, this moved to Hullavington 05/54 and the airfield finally cosed in 1955.