On a mobile device? Try our mobile site
Unit History: RN Air Station Burscough
Royal Naval Air Station Burscough HMS Ringtail, was built in 1943 on land requisitioned for use by the RAF. Four runways were built and the station was commissioned on the 1st September 1943 as HMS Ringtail. Origionally intended for fighter squadrons the remit was extended to include night fighter, torpedo fighter, radar training and a fleet requirements unit. Through out the remaineder of hostilities around forty squadrons were attached for short periods. HMS Ringtail moved to Woodvale in April 1945.
Active From: 1943 - 1945