Unit History: RN Air Station Bramcote

RN Air Station Bramcote
1940 - 1943: No. 18 OTU moved here from Hucknall with Vickers Wellingtons, moved to Finningly.
1942 - 1943: Bitteswell used as a satellite.
1940 - 1940: 300 and 301 Sqns formed here with Fairey Battles, moved to Swinderby.
1940 - 1940: 304 and 305 Sqns formed here with Fairey Battles then Vickers Wellingtons, moved to Syerston.
1943 - 1945: No. 105 (Transport) OTU, No. 44 Group, Transport Command with Wellingtons then 05/45, Dakotas.
1944 - 1945: Bitteswell used as a satellite. 08/45, Renamed 1381 (T) Conversion Unit, moved to Desborough.
1941 - 1946: 1513 BAT Flight with Oxfords.
1946 - 1946: 1510 BAT Flight with Oxfords.
1946 - 1959: Transferred to the Royal Navy as HMS Gamecock and used by 1833 (RNVR) Sqn with Seafires.
Airfield then closed and used by the Army as Bramcote Barracks.
2
Small Medium Large Landscape Portrait