1916 - opened as Royal Flying Corps fighter training school.
1918 - 1919, 166 Sqn formed here with long range bombers to attack Berlin. Although no operations were flown this was the beginning of RAF Bomber Command, became a heavy bomber station in 1923.
1936: transferred from Bomber to Coastal Command and rebuilt.
1939 : 1945, used for convoy protection, reconnaissance and anti-shipping and U-Boat patrols.
1945 - 1948 : Air Beam Training Flight and Transport Conversion Unit.
1948 : 1962, transferred to Technical Training Command.
closed - 1965.