Unit History: Admiralty Hydro-Ballistic Research Establishment Glen Fruin

Admiralty Hydro-Ballistic Research Establishment Glen Fruin
The Admiralty Hydro-Ballistic Research Establishment was established in 1948, with the amalgamation of two Second World War testing stations, one from the Admiralty (Glen Fruin) and the second from the Air Ministry (Coulport).
 
Its purpose was the investigation of the effects of water on bombs and torpedoes dropped from the air.
The department was consolidated onto the site at Glen Fruin and subsequently absorbed into the Admiralty Research Laboratory.
2
Small Medium Large Landscape Portrait