The Queen Alexandra’s Military Hospital Millbank (QAMH) opened in July 1905. It was situated by the River Thames in SW1 London adjacent to the Tate Gallery. As with other military hospitals built in this era it was constructed to the Nightingale pattern.
Queen Alexandra’s Military Hospital Millbank was officially opened by King Edward VII and his wife Queen Alexandra.
Queen Alexandra’s Military Hospital Millbank closed as a Military Hospital in the 1970s and some staff were to work at the soon to be opened QEMH Woolwich.
The QAMH became a training facility for Laboratory Technicians (Lab Techs) and Doctors for the Royal Army Medical Corps (RAMC). This in turn closed in 2005 and training moved to Portsmouth.