RAF Waltham, also known as RAF Grimsby, was brought into RAF service in Nov 1941 as a satellite to RAF Binbrook. Later in 1943 it became No 12 Base substation. RAF Waltham and 100 Sqn are commemorated in a memorial stone on the A16 next to the site of the base. A public house, the Jug and Bottle stands on the site of Waltham’s dispersion points. The memorial is at the traffic lights nearly opposite. Parts of the runways are still visible, although the site now houses a golf driving range.