Location: 6 miles SE of Gloucester
1939 to 1941: Opened as RAF Haresfield landing ground with Avro Ansons from the No. 6 Air Observers Navigation School at Staverton. Airfield then closed while it was rebuilt and upgraded.
1941 to 1944 : Reopened as RAF Moreton Valence and part of 6 AONS moved here, renamed No. 6 (Observer) Advanced Flying Unit 6/43.
1943 to 1962: Gloster flight test factory opened, test flying Meteors (and a Bell Airacomet in 1943) and post-war, Javelins.
1944 to 1945 : No. 3 (Pilot) Advanced Flying Unit with Oxfords.