Unit History: RN Air Station Langham

RN Air Station Langham
RAF Langham opened in 1940 as an all grass satellite to Bircham Newton, it closed in 1942 to be redeveloped with concrete runways. During the war it operated in a variety of roles including, target towing, army co-operation, coastal patrol and anti-shipping. Flying ceased in 1958, the airfield is now home to the ubiquitous turkey sheds.
Another of Langhams claims to fame is it’s Dome Trainer, one of the few remaining.

Search for a name in this unit

Please enter a surname
2
Small Medium Large Landscape Portrait