On a mobile device? Try our mobile site
Unit History: RFA King Salvor
RFA King Salvor (A291) was the lead ship of a class of 12 salvage vessels of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary.A 13th ship was completed as a submarine rescue vesselfor the Royal Navy.RFA King Salvor (A291)Was converted into a submarine rescue bell and target ship renamed HMS KINGFISHER in April 1954.Sold to the Argentinian Navy in December 1960 and renamed TEHUELCHE in 1961 and GUARDIAMARINA ZICARI in 1963 and disposed of in 1974.
Active From: 1942 - 1974