The company was incorporated in 1926 to buy and charter one of the tankers built for the Anglo-Saxon Petroleum Co. during the First World War and continued to trade as tramp tanker owners. In the 1930s it entered the coastal tanker trade and also began shipping bananas. After the Second World War the company owned tankers and then bulk carriers. It continues in business and is still under the control of the Warwick family.
The house flag of the Hadley Shipping Co. Ltd, London. A yellow rectangular flag with a white diamond bearing the black letters ’HSC’. The flag is made of a wool and synthetic fibre bunting. It has a cotton hoist and is machine sewn. A rope and two Inglefield clips is attached.