Unit History: TS Arethusa
TS Arethusa is the SS Peking, a four-masted steel barque of 3000 tons. She was built by Blohm and Voss in Hamburg in 1911, for the Flying P Line. The mast heights are (feet) 180, 180, 185, 145. Her normal route was Hamburg to Valparaiso on the nitrate trade route.
In 1975, the second Arethusa, having become hopelessly uneconomical to repair and maintain, was sold to the South Street Seaport Museum of New York to be restored to her 1911 built condition, which was eventually done where she was originally built in Hamburg. She has reverted to her launched name Peking & replaced by a new offshore cruising ketch.