On a mobile device? Try our mobile site
Unit History: Air Landing Reconnaissance Corps
The 1st Airlanding Reconnaissance Squadron renamed in 1944 as the 1st Airborne Reconnaissance Squadron was one of the divisional units of the 1st Airborne Division which was a military formation that was raised and fought during World War II. This unit was the Reconnaissance element of the 1st Airborne Division. By April 1943 the Squadron had been made up to strength of about 250 men and was stationed at Bulford near Andover when it left for North Africa via Liverpool on the Troop Ship Staffordshire with the rest of the 1st Airborne Division. In September 1945 the Squadron returned to the United Kingdom to Bromham in Wiltshire from where it was disbanded about 4 years after its formation on the 1st August 1946.
Active From: 1941 - 1946