Built by Wm. Gray, and launched on 5 December 1918, War Sepoy was completed on 6 February 1919 for Shipping Controller, and managed by Anglo-Mexican Petroleum Co, London. In 1921 she was transferred to Admiralty, and in 1936 the Royal Fleet Auxiliary. War Sepoy was damaged and burnt out during an air attack at Dover on 19 July 1940. She was filled with concrete, towed into position within the western entrance, and sunk as a blockship on 7 September 1940. Disposal commenced on 2 May 1950, and the entrance was opened again on 26 April 1964.