Unit History: RAF Worksop
Location: 4 miles W of Retford
1943 - 1945: 18 Operational Training Unit, satellite to Finningly with Martinet, Oxford, Tomahawk and Wellingtons.
Finningley’s Bomber Command Instructors School continued to use the airfield until 1946.
1946 - 1948 : RAF Flying Training Command, airfield then closed.
1952 - 1958, Reopened when No 211 Advanced Flying School formed here with Meteors, in 1954 renamed as No 211 Flying Training School, in 1956 became No 4 Flying Training School with Provost and Vampires.
1955 - 1957, 616 Auxiliary Sqn here with Meteors.