HMCS Gatineau (DDE 236) was a Restigouche-class destroyer that served in the Royal Canadian Navy and later the Canadian Forces from 1959-1996.
She was the third ship in her class and the second vessel to carry the designation HMCS Gatineau.
Gatineau was laid down on 30 April 1953 at Davie Shipbuilding Ltd., Lauzon and launched on 3 June 1957. She was officially commissioned into the RCN on 17 February 1959 and carried the pennant number 236 as a destroyer escort.
Gatineau was selected by the Canadian Forces for the Improved Restigouche (IRE) program and completed this refit on 14 April 1971. She was also selected as one of 10 destroyers in the Destroyer Life Extension (DELEX) program and completed this refit on 12 November 1982.
She was decommissioned from active service in the CF on 24 May 1996.