The second ship named Margaree a St.Laurent class destroyer, commissioned in 1957.
Converted to a destroyer helicopter escort ( DDH ) in 1965.
She was selected for the Destroyer Life Extension ( DELEX ) program and completed refit in 1980.
She was decommissioned in 1992.
The previous HMCS Margaree, a D class destroyer, originally HMS Diana, had an extremely short career in the RCN as a River class destroyer.
In October 1940 she sank after colliding with a freighter, she had only been in RCN service one month.