Unit History: RAF Chia Keng Singapore
RAF Chia Keng was a GCHQ radio receiving station for British RAF from 1948 to 1971, it was a satellite station to RAF Changi.
The base was closed down upon British forces pullout from Singapore in 1971 and has subsequently been demolished to make way for housing developement projects around the area in mid 1980’s. The blocks of HDB apartment flats that was built over the former site is now a part of Serangoon New Town situated at Serangoon North Avenue 1, near to the Serangoon Gardens, where some of the RAF officers used to reside in.
Search for a name in our archive