Built in 1937 by on the Clyde by Barclay Curle the MS Dunera was originally a troop ship but was converted to a floating school by The British India Steam Navigation Co Ltd.
It consisted of dormitory accomadation for the pupils together with classrooms, lecture theatre/cimema, library and deck space for sports. It also had accomadation for teachers and also independent travellers.
It’s first cruise was from Greenock on 12th April 1961 and complete 14 more that year.
It was scrapped in Spain in 1967