The wireless college was founded in 1920 by Gordon S.Whale for the training of young men and women in communications techniques, including the sending and receiving of messages using the Morse Code.
The Wireless College Colwyn Bay North Wales was established for the training of Radio Officers in communications techniques. This included the sending and receiving of messages using Morse Code. After obtaining the Post Master Generals Certificate of Competence in Radio Telegraphy and Telephony, many of its students joined the Merchant Navy through organisations such as Marconi International Marine. The prime purpose of the Radio Officer was the reservation of life at sea during times of distress
SOS - Mayday.
Sadly demolished in 1971 to make way for the A55 expressway.