Unit History: Gurkha Transport Regiment

Gurkha Transport Regiment
The Queen’s Own Gurkha Logistic Regiment, formerly The Queen’s Own Gurkha Transport Regiment, The Gurkha Transport Regiment and The Gurkha Army Service Corps, was formed as a component part of The Brigade of Gurkhas on 1 July 1958.
After redesignation as ‘The Gurkha Transport Regiment’ in November 1965, companies became squadrons, and platoons became troops.  30 and 31 Squadrons continued their roulement in Borneo until January 1967, when 30 Squadron completed the last tour.  Both Squadrons were then stationed in Singapore.
1
Small Medium Large Landscape Portrait