Unit History: Army Support Regiment
In 1952 various Royal Engineer stores, workshop and plant park units were formed into the 40 Advanced Engineers Stores Regiment (based Willich near Krefeld) to manage the engineer resources required by the engineer units of 1 (BR) Corps. The regiment came under command of the Chief Engineer BAOR.
By 1960 the Regiment was rationalised to three squadrons: 41 Plant Park Squadron, 21 and 46 Workshop and Park Squadrons. By 1970 the Regiment’s title was changed to 40 Army Support Regiment and was further reduced to just two squadrons. By 1980 the Regiment had been disbanded and only 21 Army Support Squadron remained
Search for a name in our archive