Unit History: LAA Squadron
15 Squadron RAF Regiment was formed on 1 June 1946 as No 2700 Light Anti-Aircraft (LAA) Squadron at RAF Nethertown and equipped with the L40/60 Bofors gun. In the following year, the Squadron was re-numbered as 15 LAA Squadron and moved to the RAF Regiment School of Gunnery at RAF Watchet, where it stayed for 6 months as the demonstration Squadron. During the next 11 years, the Squadron was based at RAF Netheravon, RAF Pembrey and RAF Innsworth.
Search for a name in our archive