Unit History: RAF Old Buckingham
Location: 2 miles S of Attleborough
1943-1945 : 732nd, 733rd, 734th and 735th Sqns of the 453rd BG. Flew 259 missions, losing 58 B-24 Liberators. James Stewart and Walter Mathau both served here. Postwar used by non-flying RAF Maintenance Units until closure. Airfield sold off 1964 and returned to agriculture. Used by crop spraying aircraft in the 1970s and 80s, now a 100 acre airfield site.
Search for a name in our archive