Unit History: CVD Marchington
Royal Army Ordnance Corp Marchington, was built around 1957 and dealt with the supply and maintenance of weaponry and munitons and various other military equipment until 1993 when the corp amalgamated with the Royal Logistics Corp.
It was also a Central Vehicle Depot during this time until the barracks closed in 1970, and the Territorial Army took over until finally closing the site in the early 1980s.
Marchington also housed the Army`s fleet of Green Goddesses which came under the jurisdiction of the Office Of The Deputy Prime Minister (ODPM).
Search for a name in our archive