Unit History: RAF Deversoir
Added on 11/08/2010
RAF Deversoir, 324 Fighter Wing, sited alongside the junction of the Suez Canal and Great Bitter Lake.
1950 to 1952 - 6 Squadron, 213 and 249 each equipped with two x two seated Gloucester Meteor aircraft and Vampires.
1950 - Commanding Officer = Group Captain Bowling.
Also on station - JAPIC (Joint Air Photographic Intelligence Company.
Previous occupations - as an american base and as a prisoner of war unit for Italian personnel during WW2
Search for a name in our archive