Unit History: RAF Ahlhorn
The former Royal Air Force Station Ahlhorn, commonly known as RAF Ahlhorn, was a Royal Air Force airbase in Germany situated in the southern suburbs of Ahlhorn, Lower Saxony.
Originally, it was a German airbase for Zeppelins. The RAF disestablished the station and it was closed down in the late 1950s .
Jagdgeschwader 71 of the German Luftwaffe were to take residence from June 1959 with 50 Canadair Sabres, Germany’s first operational jet fighter unit. They remained at Ahlhorn until 1961. It is now known as Ahlhorn Air Base
Search for a name in our archive