Unit History: HMAS Teal
HMAS Teal (M-1152) was a Ton class minesweeper built by Philip and Son in England for the Royal Navy as HMS Jackton and launched on 28 February 1955. The ship was purchased by the Royal Australian Navy and commissioned as HMAS Teal on 30 August 1962. HMAS Teal paid off on 14 August 1970.
She was sold in 1977 to IB & GI Baker, Margate, Tasmania, since her sale she has been a prawn trawler and an abalone catch and process vessel.
She is currently believed to be a tourist ship in Queensland.
Search for a name in our archive