Unit History: RNAS FORD

RNAS FORD
The former aerodrome has been in existence since 1917 and was built mainly by German Prisoners of War and was operational until 1920. During the wars the airfield was occupied by various companies. It was operational during the Second World War, then was recommissioned by the admiralty in 1945 as HMS Peregrine until 1958.  The airfield finally closed in 1980. Many of the local roads are named after the aeroplanes and of those who flew from the airfield during its history.

Search for a name in our archive

Please enter a surname
2
Small Medium Large Landscape Portrait