ABOUT THE NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE ROYAL NAVY
The National Museum of the Royal Navy, established in 2009, tells the story of the four fighting forces of the British Royal Navy, the Royal Marines, the Fleet Air Arm, the Submarine Service and the Surface Fleet.
Ours is the epic story of the Royal Navy, its impact on Britain and the world from its origins in 625 A.D. to the present day.
Our museums include
- A £20 million project in Belfast with First World War Battle of Jutland survivor HMS Caroline at the centre of Alexandra Dock & Wharf, in the city’s popular Titanic Quarter. The five-star rated attraction now comprises the Pump House visitor centre and HMS Caroline, which are connected by a 25-metre steel and timber footbridge installed across the mouth of Alexandra Dock.
- The National Museum of the Royal Navy, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard including our newest member HMS Warrior 1860, Vice Admiral Lord Nelson’s flagship HMS Victory and First World War Gallipoli campaign survivor HMS M.33. We also manage the marketing and ticketing operation for the destination brand Portsmouth Historic Dockyard on behalf of other onsite partners.
- The Royal Navy Submarine Museum with Cold War-era HMS Alliance and Explosion, the Museum of Naval Firepower, both in Gosport. Entry to these museums is included in a Portsmouth Historic Dockyard all attraction ticket and a popular, free water bus runs between the sites during the year.
- The Fleet Air Arm Museum, Yeovilton, Somerset, home to 103 aircraft.
- The U.K’s oldest historic fighting ship still afloat, HMS Trincomalee at The National Museum of the Royal Navy Hartlepool.
- The Royal Marines Museum, the public galleries of which are currently closed. We will open a new museum in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard in 2020.
- Our affiliates include HMS Unicorn (Dundee); HMS Wellington (London); the Medusa Trust (Portsmouth); the Coastal Forces Heritage Trust (Portsmouth), Haslar Heritage Group, the D-Day Museum (Portsmouth) and HMS Courageous, Devonport.
Forces War Records joined the Lytham St Anne’s Spitfire Display Team to celebrate the 10th Anniversary at the NEC in Birmingham for the world's largest family history show 'Who Do You Think You Are Live' 2016.
The Lytham St Anne’s Spitfire Display team of volunteers portray life in the RAF for both Aircrew and Groundcrew during those desperate days of World War Two. Their enthusiasts have lovingly restored of full size replica Spitfire Mark IX, and use her to help educate people on the realities of fighting in the RAF during WW2
The Army Medical Services Museum tells the story of army medicine and healthcare, human and animal, from the English Civil War to the current day as AMS personnel continue to serve across the globe as part of the British Army. We are working with the AMS Museum to transcribe records held in their archives and support their fantastic work.
The Berkshire Record Office is the archives of the Royal County of Berkshire. They look after nearly nine hundred years of the County's history. The BRO have supplied us with records held in their archives to transcribe and add to our growing collection.
The Bigbury Mint team are all dedicated experts in their fields and strive to make the best medals and provide honest, reliable service to all customers. We work with Bigbury Mint to provide the best quality replica medals on the market to our customers.
The Castle and Regimental Museum at Monmouth, has a detailsed history of the Royal Monmouthshire Royal Engineers (Militia). We are working with the musuem to transcribe records from their archives.
Wiltshire and Swindon has a rich and diverse heritage. The History Centre brings together the archaeology, archive, buildings record, conservation, and museum advisory services together with the county local studies library to create a centre whose sum is much more than that of its parts. We are working with the WSHC to transcribe records from their archives.
Home Front History
Home Front History is an established not for profit entity organised and managed by volunteers who take time out of their professional careers. Officially accredited for educational outreach programmes, living history portrayals and support for Veterans and the Armed Services, Home Front History presents at public and private events as well as offering archive services, research services and historical advice to the Media and TV. We have been honoured to provide one or more services to many organisations including the College of Policing, Royal County of Berkshire Show, American Museum in Britain and British Army Headquarters as well as to charity events and to local initiatives. We continue to serve organisations large and small. Our ethos is Remembrance and Respect not just for the wartime generation but also for serving personal past and present. Our purpose is to Inform, Educate and Engage
Pen and Sword became established as one of the UK's leading military history publishers.Over recent years the company has continued to grow and has added new imprints to its core area of military history. Pen & Sword now specialise in all areas of military history, naval and maritime history, aviation, local history, family history, transport, discovery and exploration, collectables and antiques, nostalgia and true crime.
Pen & Sword Books Facebook - SEE HERE
£5 off all orders when you spend £30 or more using discount code FORWRS5
Surrey History Trust is an independent charity that supports the work of Surrey Heritage in caring for the collections in Surrey History Centre and preserving and promoting the county's history. Forces War Records are working with the Trust to transcribe records held in their archives and support their fantastic work.